at The White Lotus Eco Spa Retreat for an After Hours Networking Event!Thursday, May 5th, at 5:30pm
The White Lotus Eco Spa Retreat
& PJ Networks
We look forward to seeing you there!!!
Member Only Event
Wednesday, June 8th, 8:30am
“I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream!” 😂
Please join us for networking and fun at Maybelle’s new location for an ice cream social!
August 18th, 4-5pm
Maybelle’s on Main
Sponsored by Armstrong & Associates International, Inc.
September 14th, 8:30am at Sponsored by Holiday Inn Express & Suites Charlottesville – Ruckersville
Please join us for the GCOC October Membership Breakfast!
October 5th, 8:30am
Sponsored by Howard Hanna – Roy Wheeler – Greene County
2022 Quad County Business Summit and QuadTank Pitch Competition
Bluegreen Shenandoah Crossing Resort, Gordonsville, VA
Register at – https://www.qcbsummit.com/
Dear Stanardsville Community Businesses and Organizations,
As you know, COVID threw several kinks in the Chamber of Commerce’s Parade of Lights planning the last 3 years. When I was doing the “drive by” parade last year, what people seemed to really be wanting is the community connection. The parade is always fun but also scary with kids running out in the dark street to grab candy and the large trucks making the narrow turn at the corner of Main and Blakey Avenue. I also always feel that the groups and businesses aren’t really getting a chance to introduce themselves to the community with a parade format.
With the completion of Stanardsville’s streetscape project this week, it felt like a good time to highlight the town a bit more.
After discussion with the Chamber Board, the Town and Parks and Recreation, the idea of having a more “festival” like event was received with enthusiasm. There are several other events that are typically scheduled on that first Saturday of December throughout the entire day and we thought it would make for a more cohesive and fun event to tie everything together as a “Main Street Magical Holiday” featuring “Lights on Main”. We are going to put together one list of events/specials that can be shared and promoted to encourage people to spend the day in Stanardsville.
The “Lights on Main” portion of the event will be from 5-7 p.m. with festive light displays (either on traditional “floats” or booths) on Ford Avenue, Courthouse Square and part of Blakely up to the Lafayette Inn parking entrance. We are asking that any vendors NOT take part in the “Lights on Main” but are welcome to participate in the American Legion and Greene Commons Markets that same day. Santa and Mrs. Claus will be joining for photos and greetings at the Greene Commons Pavilion from 4-7. We have asked the local school musical groups to provide music on the stage and we plan to have a tree lighting at the stage around 6 p.m. with Mayor Lowe. In addition, the Parks & Rec team will have some fun activities for the kids and perhaps a holiday movie playing while waiting to see Santa. The 4th of July Barrel Train will also be decked out for the season and providing rides for the children at the county building.
As a past participant in the Parade of Lights, we want to invite you to participate in the Lights on Main event! To make sure it is an enjoyable event for everyone, we need the following guidelines to be followed:
- Entries please enter ONE WAY on Blakey Avenue no earlier than 4:00 p.m. and you will be directed to Ford Avenue or Courthouse Square to line up. NO Vehicular traffic will be allowed after 4:45 p.m. on that square.
- The event is scheduled to run from 5-7 p.m.
- Tear down is from 7-8 p.m., Blakey, Courthouse Square and Ford Avenue open back up to all traffic promptly at 8 p.m.
- The “real” Santa and Mrs. Claus will be at the Pavilion from 4-7 p.m. so PLEASE do not have substitutes so we don’t confuse the little ones.
- You MUST be festive, the more lights the better! We want this to be fun for kids of all ages and really light up the streets of Stanardsville! You will need to provide your own generator or battery operated lights.
- Your display can be on a typical “float”, but only one vehicle per entry pulling a trailer will be allowed.
- Your display can be a tent/booth, but please ALL cars must be parked after set up and will only be allowed for tear down from 7-8 p.m.
- You are more than welcome to give out treats, information about your company/organization, have contests or have donation jars.
- Vendors selling items/goods however are NOT allowed on the Lights on Main event as there are other opportunities during the day for those vendors.